I wanna use that fancy orange stuff but I don’t know what the hell I’m doing!
So you’ve finally decided that you want to build your shower using the Schluter Kerdi waterproofing method? (If you don’t know what the hell I just typed you should begin with our free shower waterproofing manual).
Excellent choice! If you’ve read my site for any amount of time you know that’s my preferred method – and the one I use in 90% of the showers I build. If you want to use kerdi you may have a few questions:
- Where do you start?
- What the hell is kerdi waterproofing membrane?
- What do you need?
- How do I do it???
- How much beer is this going to require?
Well, here’s your complete instruction manual. This manual will take you completely through the process from the bare wall studs to a completely waterproofed shower wall and floor substrate ready for whatever tile design you desire. From the building of your walls and mud deck to installing the drain and waterproofing membrane, it will walk you though each step so you end up with a completely waterproof shower which conforms to both TCNA and ANSI building standards and will provide years of worry-free service.
And don’t totally freak out if you don’t know half the terms in that paragraph – I’ll explain all that stuff in plain English
If I’m gonna give you my money I wanna know what I’m buying!
Descriptions and instructions of the entire process from beginning to end including:
- Over 74,374 photos! (That’s a lie – there aren’t that many. But there are a lot…)
- Over 19,492 graphics! (Another lie – there aren’t that many of those either…)
- Professional, highly detailed descriptive graphics (Lie! Roger’s photoshop skills suck…)
- Materials and tools checklist (True)
- Order of events checklist (so you don’t miss anything) (Also true)
- Great humor! (Pure, unadulterated BS – it’s horrible humor.)
What will I learn?
What the hell are you gonna teach me that I don’t already know?
- How to properly mix deck mud, and the easiest way to do it
- The easiest way to cut cement backerboards and the methods I use
- How to do the Samba! (That’s a lie – I don’t dance)
- How to flatten your wall framing for a professional installation
- A crash course in shower floor math. (Like ‘new’ math – but you’ll actually use it)
- How to most easily utilize kerdi and work with all those goofy cuts
- How to properly whip out obscure sitcom references
- The PROPER way to waterproof a shower substrate
Why do I need this?
Why do I need this from YOU?
Have you tried to research how to build a proper substrate for tile and found conflicting, inadequate or misleading information? I’m not surprised, the internet is full of it. (That sentence could stand alone without reference to the previous…) That is the reason I began this website. Most of the so-called ‘methods’ are written by people simply attempting to cash in on something they know nothing about. If you read my site for any amount of time you’ll realize how much that really pisses me off.
I will teach you the proper way to build your shower. I can do that because I’ve been doing it PROPERLY for almost twenty years. Would you ask your auto mechanic how to knit a sweater? Of course not! Don’t ask a professional ‘writer’ how to build a shower – ask a professional tile contractor.
When finished you’ll have a properly constructed shower conforming to TCNA and ANSI standards – without having to know what those are. It will outlast and outperform any normal ‘DIY’ shower you’ll see, beat it up, AND take it’s lunch money! It will last until you get tired of the tile design – and will never leak.
How do I buy this? How much does it cost?
How do I give you my hard-earned cash? And how much is the damn thing, anyway?
- $53 Million dollars! (That’s a lie – it’s only $23.95!)
Just click the button below to go get it. As soon as you make payment the elves will instantly send you an email with the download link. You can start reading this shiny, brand new ebook in less than five minutes! Easy, quick and totally painless, I promise. The payment goes through Paypal. You can use your Paypal account or simply pay with your credit card utilizing their payment processor – no need to have an account.
Didn’t anybody ever tell you there needs to be a ‘p.s.’?
Oh yeah, the p.s. Some really smart marketing types told me that when I sell you something I always need a p.s. at the end of the page – makes you feel like you get more stuff. I don’t think more stuff is required, and my p.s. will tell you why. But since I don’t tell them how to market stuff and they don’t tell me how to build showers – here’s your damn p.s.:
P.S. I do not just sell you an ebook and disappear! If you read my site at all you’ll know that I answer every question – questions about this ebook are no exception. You will receive ongoing support and answers directly from me whenever you need them (or after I get done
working for the day). That alone is worth a good seventeen cents!
You can now get this manual with TileTips!
You can now purchase this manual with our TileTips booklet and save some dough! If you order both you’ll get TileTips for just five bucks – go get a six-pack! Just click the link below and you can download both in one handy zip folder. Just trying to make your life easier…